Getting your ID Card
Getting a new identification card can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the process for getting an ID card for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Nebraska ID Cards
You can obtain a Nebraska ID card by visiting your local DMV office. There are certain requirements for getting a Nebraska ID card and it is important to know what they are. Also vital, is to decide if you want to get an ID card or a driver's license. If you have decided to get a Nebraska ID card, read on below to find out more information:
- Visit your local DMV office. Locations are available here: http://www.dmv.ne.gov/examining/map.html
- Provide a primary document such as a valid Nebraska DMV photo, passport or permanent resident card
- Provide two proofs of residence (utility bills work well)
- Provide your Social Security Number
- The Fees vary:
- $7.50 ? One year or less
- $12.50 ? Two years or less
- $16.50 ? Three years or less
- $21.50 ? Four years or less
- $26.50 ? Valid for four years, but applicant is under 21
- $26.50 ? Five years or less
To renew your Nebraska ID card, you can easily do so online, but only some people will be allowed to do so. Visit the following link to see if you qualify: https://www.nebraska.gov/dmv/dlr/index.cgi. The cost to renew your ID card in Nebraska will be $13.50. If you apply online, there is an additional fee of $2.50 for a security charge.