Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Renew your driver's license in Wyoming
How to renew your driver's license in Wyoming
Driving without a valid driver's license is illegal in the state of Wyoming. Make sure to be aware of the status of your driver's license so you can renew your Wyoming driver's license when the time is necessary. You can renew your Wyoming driver's license by mail or by going to your local DMV office and renewing in person.
When you should renew your Wyoming driver's license:
- Your Wyoming driver's license is valid for four years and generally expires on your birthday.
- WYDOT will send you a renewal notice by mail 120 days prior to the expiration date.
- If you are over 21 years of age you can renew any time up to 120 days prior to expiration and if you are under 21, up to 90 days prior to the expiration date.
To renew your Wyoming driver's license in person,make sure to bring the following:
- Your expiring license or the renewal card.
- A completed renewal application form.
- A renewal fee of $18.
You will have to have your vision tested again, you can bring in a driver vision evaluation form signed by an authority verifying your vision.You must date the document within one year of your application to renew your license.
To renew your Wyoming driver's license by mail:
- A filled in renewal application that you will receive in the mail 120 days prior to expiration. You can also download the application form from the WYDOT website.
- A driver vision evaluation form or other written evidence completed by a vision specialist testifying your visual competence. This documentation should be dated within one year of application of license renewal.
- A check or money order for $18 made out to WYDOT.
Mail all the documents within 30 days of expiration date to:
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340